Free/Reduced Meal Application

Apply Through Infinite Campus Parent Portal 
Click here to log in to the Campus Portal and apply for Educational Benefits in Spanish and English. After logging in, you will find the application in the "Applications" tab.

After your application is processed, you will be notified by letter regarding the outcome usually within a week. Applications cannot be processed until all required information is complete.

If you have questions or need help, call or email Colleen at 651-306-7822, Or if you need help in Spanish, call or email Abbie Losinski at 651-306-7437 or  

OR print the Application for Educational Benefits (Free and Reduced-Price Meals) found to the left.(You do not need to do a paper application if you have or are planning to complete the online application or have been approved for free or reduced-price meals through Direct Certification.) After application is completed, bring it in or send it to the District Office, 2990 80th St E, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076, for eligibility determination.

Is this form required?
 This form must be completed to apply for free or reduced-price school meals, unless:

(1)   Your school provides free school meals to all students without application (Community Eligibility Provision, Provision 2 or Provision 3). However, at public schools, your completion of this form also helps the school qualify for other education funds and discounts even if not needed for school meals.

(2)   You have been notified that your children have been directly certified for school meal benefits based on participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).

Privacy Act Statement / How Information Is Used
The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give this information but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced-price school meals. You must include the last four digits of the Social Security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The last four digits of the Social Security number are not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child, or you provide an MFIP, SNAP or FDPIR assistance number, or you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a Social Security number.

We will use your information to determine if your child qualifies for free school meals, and for administration and enforcement of the school meal programs. We may share your information with other education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

Children who qualify for free or reduced-price school meals may qualify for Minnesota Health Care Programs. Your child’s status for school meals may be shared with Minnesota Health Care Programs unless you tell us not to share your information by checking the box in Step 4 of the application. You are not required to share information for this purpose and your decision will not affect approval for school meal benefits.

At public school districts, each student's school meal status also is recorded on a statewide computer system used to report student data to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) as required by state law. MDE uses this information to: (1) Administer state and federal programs, (2) Calculate compensatory revenue for public schools, and (3) Judge the quality of the state's educational program.

Nondiscrimination Statement
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). Persons with disabilities who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider.